National Bank of Oman is dedicated to creating a nurturing work environment and to providing all employees with the opportunity to grow in their respective careers. In keeping with the principles of valuing our employees’ needs and providing an infrastructure that supports growth, our Human Resources Group identified five key strategic goals in 2012. These form the basis of a five-year plan. The move to an employee-friendly work environment that supports a value-based and learning-based culture started in 2012. It is our endeavor to meet these goals by the year 2017.
Provided below are the goals which form the pillars of our HR Strategy.
- Creation of a performance- and value-based culture.
- Creation of a learning-based organisational culture.
- The creation of a Centre for Leadership Excellence to create a sustained pipeline of leaders for future talent management and succession planning.
- Foster a diverse, inclusive work environment of transparency, fairness and efficiency.
- Compete for top talent - hiring, retaining, developing and benchmarking prospects and employees - by offering competitive packages and establishing practices to support our staff.